Fire and Security Engineer
Posted January 2020
Due to fantastic growth, Broadsword Security is looking for a Security Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role, the ability to work on their own initiative, but more importantly, be a reliable and confident team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Please note that you must also be able to meet the NSI BS7858 & Broadsword Security accreditation standards, which requires all personnel to be criminally and financially vetted. The position will report directly to the Installation and Service Manager and be based out of our office in Chipping Norton.
You will provide an efficient, professional and comprehensive installation and maintenance service for a wide variety of security systems in residential and commercial properties. Your duties will include:
- Attending customer sites according to scheduled appointments
- Installing small and large security systems
- Providing detailed onsite analysis of actual and potential system issues and communicating these clearly to the customer as required
- Proposing and explaining work undertaken and identified requirements for additional works to the customer
- Identifying opportunities for system additions by seeking to understand additional customer requirements
- Ensuring that the customer is happy with the work undertaken and that the site is left in a clean and tidy state
- Effective liaison with office staff relating to customer work
- Join the on call rota system, as outlined by manager
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner to meet audit requirements
- Solid working knowledge of a variety of security systems manufacturers and able to competently trouble shoot multiple types of system
- Good communication skills
- Full driving licence – this position will require travel to customer sites
- Keen to maintain extremely high standards of workmanship and a professionalism at all times
- Strong organisational, time management skills
- Decision making and good problem-solving skills
- Positive, professional, flexible attitude with strong work ethic
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced, changeable environment
Application deadline 14th February 2020.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8-5pm, with some overtime required at peak times. This role is required for 40 hours/ week. Salary dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com.